Thursday, July 24, 2014

What's in a name? No seriously.

When I wrote the first story, I had a very narrow vision of where I was going. Everything was going to center around Andrea and it would be nothing at all but bondage, sexiness and the general trappings of internet erotica. Andrea's friends were only really there to help create interesting and sexy scenarios for Andrea to go through. So "A Story of Andrea" made total sense as the name for the series.

But that isn't quite what's ending up being the case.

The other three characters aren't just having their own plots and personalities, they're developing them independent of Andrea. They were before I even started this blog when these were nothing but posts at Utopia Stories. But still, I had kept the name, "Story of Andrea" because I didn't think about it much.

Andrea will still continue to be one of or the most central character, but for example I am polishing Part 6 right now which she is not even in. And in my broader outline there will be other stories that will include one or more of her friends, but not her. There will be multiple stories in the Story of Andrea series without an Andrea.

So in the coming days I'm looking for a replacement name to call this series. This shouldn't change the stories, only the header at the top. Currently I lean to "The NESIC Slaves" but I am not quite over the moon about that name either. So if anyone has any opinions let me know in the comments section.

And by the weekend you should have the next installment of.. whatever we're going to call this thing, predominantly featuring Lea this time.

7 comments:

  1. as much as i love andrea, i understand that not all the stories have to revolve around her. maybe break it up? these are stories about andrea, these are stories about megan, these are stories about that girl i really still hate because you write too wonderful, these are the stories about lea.

    your single "nesic slaves" idea works well too, as it ties it all together, so people don't need to worry if their reading the right girl's story first. but nesic's didn't show until part two, so. grump.

    "four friends"? no, even i'm not happy with that. "digital orgasms." i am bad at naming things. "four girls do sex a lot." see?

    sorry i'm not helpful. i love your work and can't wait for part six!

    love
    sammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's part of why I'm thinking of the name change, the stories are going to focus less exclusively on Andrea so continuing to use "Story of Andrea" increasingly makes less sense.

      But I'm looking to maybe post these through other sites, and once I start doing that the name becomes a lot herder to change. Each individual part still has its own name (Girl and the X) that tells you what it's mostly about and who it focuses on, But a site like Literotica for example may want to call this one story with many chapters and something I can name the whole thing that I'm all that happy with.

      Delete
  2. 'Resistance is futile'...

    Sorry, could not help myself, I have just been reading part 6 :-)

    I love the way things are panning out and how the characters are evolving. I guess it will be hard to find one title to cover it all. Just take your time, it will come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess, sorry, I couldn't post earlier..
    NESIC Slaves - is good. Main advantage: it is quite unusual and easy to remember (good recognition). Important on sites like LIT with many posts.
    One downside (at least for me): if I read your stories, the nesics are not that important for me, they are a minor detail. I'm more interested in the interaction between the girls, their thoughts and feelings.
    What do you think about 'Bound future - ...' or something like that?
    Yes, it's pretty generic but could be a hint of the broader context.
    However, I think NESIC Slaves would be a good choice too.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was my other line of thought, something along the lines of "Bound Future" or "Future Bound" (though the latter makes it sound like there should be a time machine involved).

      The problem is my story series has become so broad there may not be one name that will work well with every Story. As some people have pointed out, NESIC doesn't even exist in the first story, at least every story has a bit of bondage and a bit of future, so that's at least universal even if less distinct.

      Delete
  4. I know the perfect name

    Skynet:Domination

    ok, yes I agree that was horrible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. when in doubt, alliterate... Tullburg Tales

    ReplyDelete