Monday, September 14, 2015

Going forward

So, now that I got the latest part finished (woho!) I need to also add something not as fun. I hinted at it in my little disclaimer update, but recently my working situation has changed. A good friend has started their own company, it's longer hours but it's with people I actually like. It's meant that I've had less free time to write and a bit less energy for when I do have time. I kind of pushed myself to get this last one done, because I didn't want to leave you all hanging with too many unknowns, but in the near future at least I'm going to be getting slower.

I'm not stopping or giving up, I want to make that clear. I just have fewer hours to commit and not just from some game but because I'm working much longer hours and it can sometimes drain me. And when I'm drained, writing is a slower process. It may be several extra weeks between stories for the next little while. This might change if things start settling down but not sure that will happen for a while. I wish I could just mentally transcribe all this in a weekend, but sadly that's not how this works.

4 comments:

  1. Such is life; no need to apologize. It's a great series, very in-depth and descriptive. Very much looking forward to the next part.

    Warm regards,
    Ardent Admirer
    Richmond, BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Mr/Ms Admirer states above... All good things are worth waiting for.. frustrating.. but worthwhile... Do not push too hard please.. just know you are worth waiting for...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not to rush but can we get like some sort of estimate? like maybe how far you are into the next chapter, if you expect to have it done before or after cmas, just something to go on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that I can get something out to all you before Christmas. But because I'm trying to get the different threads syncing back up again I need to make sure I'm lining things up well and that I'm not "writing myself into a corner." So that's part of why it's been hard to give a firm date. I know as an answer that's kind of a sucky one, but that's just where I'm at right now. Hoping very much you'll have something before Christmas, but I need to make sure I'm not going to make my job harder because of how I wrote something first.

      Delete