Monday, March 23, 2015

Winter Lull

I realize it's been some times since I've said anything.. and while I still don't have a story ready for you yet I thought I'd give you a quick update regardless. As I've mentioned a few times already, for a whole bunch of reasons winter is a slower time of the year for me to write. But as it's starting to warm up again, I'm getting lighter work and finding myself with both slightly more motivation and more free time!

I am also busy writing multiple "threads" at once I guess is a way to put it. Megan/Andrea, Lea, and Sophia all acting mostly independent but not completely. And while none are yet publishable, I have been making a lot of progress the last week and a bit especially. I want to get everything lined up right so that interactions happen the way I have them in my head. That might mean that I'd rather hold back until everyone's caught up with everyone else. This is bad in that it might make the wait for the next story longer. But it's good in that (a) I'd feel more comfortable publishing when everyone's caught up so everything meshes well and (b) it will make the wait for the part after next a bit shorter.

Just like how parts 14 and 15 kind of started off together and split, parts 16, 17 and 18 will probably be released more closely to each other. But that makes part 16 potentially a bit longer of a wait than it otherwise would be.

Trust me, as a sometimes obsessive fan of many a thing (latest new obsession being Saga.. come on once a month? I read the first 25 chapters in a weekend, once a month is practically torture!) I know first hand waits can suck. But I also know you'd rather I take my time and have it be up to standard than rushed and fall short. I just thought I'd keep you all updated on how the progress has been going.

8 comments:

  1. Take your time, it's worth it. :)

    PS - Saga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saga is a comic. It's put out by Image Comics, and it's fantastic. Rich full world, well developed characters, and knows how to tug at your emotions. The problem is I only recently discovered it, so I've read the last almost 3 years in a weekend and now I got to wait for the slow drip of new installments.

      Delete
    2. I'll look into it as a way to keep myself occupied looking forward to your next story then. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. We'll wait, just take your time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read more. I love this series. Take your time we all know it'll be worth it. Thank you for sharing this series with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. always nice to have an update...please take your time and get it right we're just glad you don't have any writers block :p

    i've always been better with the written word than with speaking i do hope to write a good book someday...i don't always focus on my stories for as long as i'd like too many things get in the way to distract me...work, games, movies, coming up with the secrets of the universe that you can't tell anyone because they'd never believe you anyway lol

    despite how distracted and busy my mind is i still believe i will write a book...maybe not a best seller but the fact that i'll have written it when i said i would would be satisfactory by itself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this update and for calming our fears of abandonment.

    And as others have said, I have no troubles with your writing speed. As a long-time reader of this saga (couldn't avoid it, sorry), I've grown acustomed of the slow pace and it's not anybody's job to demand a faster one anyway.

    As an added note, I'm also quite familiar with binge consuming of media and I think it's just fine, no bias here whatsoever. Although it's terrible when we reach the normal update speed...and since I would love to gorge myself on those same 25 chapters of Saga, I heartfully approve of that behaviour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be hard on yourself...sometimes life gets in the way. Your writing is wonderful

    ReplyDelete