Sunday, December 23, 2018

A major announcement

Headline first: A STORY IS COMING VERY SOON

But it will be a little different as I'll explain.

So as is quite obvious, my output has basically stopped. I could say it's fatigue, or my changing life making me feel less inclined to write, a desire to change up the long plot, or  any number of other possible reasons. Whatever the motivation, the result is that I'm simply not been writing much. Writing out the events is just not feeling as fun as it used to be, and so in my freetime I don't do it very much any more.

So I made a deal with myself a while ago. If by December 21 when my work shuts down for the year, if I haven't finished the next story I go to plan B. This story "Andrea's Memories" will be done some time this holiday break.



In this case, plan B is to change the way I write significantly, so I can give a conclusion to the story arc. I may one day return to fill in the details, but as I don't see that happening in the near term I  want my characters to do more than stop existing. This story doesn't have any of the kinds of minutia that have a way of bogging me down, and so it will zip through what would otherwise be many stories worth of plot. Just expect less descriptions, less characters dialoguing, and so it gives a vehicle to describe at a meta level what I was planning to do from where I am now to where the "end" might be.

But it also gives me an opportunity to not just tell one path, but several. I'm going to have the story take place a year after the most recent story, where Andrea has just awoken from living in her dreams multiple kinds of paths to get to where she is now.

After that is posted, I may post the partial story I have now, but I'll see.

Anyway, I hope people are still out there and I haven't lost too many of you to my inaction. I'm not finished yet, but on vacations like this I have much more writing tie and I'm almost certainly going to be able to get this out to you before the new year.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, your alive! Lol, glad your going to write something, whatever you feel up to is cool. Just glad to get it. Have a good Holiday, cant wait for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it would be nicer to have more of what the rest was but i will take what i can get really

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I was just going to write you and wish you a Happy Holiday, but I thought I would check your blog first and I find this announcement! I know you have had the ending more or less made up for some time and I think this is a good way to get it out of your head. If you back track and fill in the gap between the girls run-in with Ravi and the ending I'm sure you still have many ways to get to the ending and make it all work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Horse That Is At Once Apprehensive and ExcitedDecember 27, 2018 at 3:46 PM

    We're still here! Fingers crossed for a happy ending!

    Also, I'm interested in the partial story / your fragments. I'm sure others are as well. No reason for them to go to waste, if you don't intend to incorporate them into something more cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I plan on releasing partial stories of what I'm in the middle of. Lea's story is still very short and undeveloped, but the main group have nearly a short story worth of content as is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I have been reading these stories on the Literotica site, and I did not know you had a blog. I was about send you some suggestions there on to bring the story to an end, but I am gald I didn't. This story is very compelling to read with in my opinion, great characterization that shows the girls constantly changing situations that go through life, and just a good read. Keep up the good work and please continue on however you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, can there be at least one called Kiara and the Undercover Job?

    ReplyDelete