Tuesday, February 5, 2019

One month later update.

So it's now into February and I had earlier said I'd have something by last December. So, yes sickness did delay things. I've found that I get the most writing done during periods when I'm away, maybe it's the change of scenery, but I had planned to use Christmas break from work as a time to punch it out. So being sick over the holidays is a bigger deal than being sick at other times since I have more energy to write when I have breaks from work.

But the largest part of the delay is the scope. I had planned out roughly to get a preamble setting up the format of this special story, then go through the two paths I had planned out in very rough details. Well, as I actually got typing, a bit in I realized I was not being nearly as brief as I had planned to be. I was still skimming faster, almost no downtime or dialogue, but more details than I had originally planned.

My two options were return to skipping more of the details to get it done faster, or go back to the beginning and fill in a little more of the details and get everything the kind of some-details version rather than the few-details version. I settled on the some-details version, I think it's more satisfying to read, but it's making the story much longer. I'm already to 23 pages and haven't finished the first thread. So when I am done that I may post it so the "dreams" are spread out over two stories, but I don't know for sure. Either way I wanted to update those of you still out there so you don't think I totally flaked again.

Will keep plugging away when I can, but unless something else comes up I probably won't give another update until I publish something.

7 comments:

  1. Its always better to deliver something you are satisfied with instead of something you feel somehow lacks in one way or another. I enjoyed the story so far, so, in my opinion, taking you time will only benefit the story.
    Patience is a virtue after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have waited this long, we will continue to wait. We know you have a lot going on and we fully understand. We all enjoy your work and are very willing to wait. We want you to be happy with it first. Be safe, Be Blessed. Cant wait to read it when its ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creativity takes time. So, yes, take as much time as you need until you feel comfortable with what you got. Some things are just worth the wait. Take care, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Horse That Is Still Apprehensive Yet ExcitedFebruary 8, 2019 at 8:05 AM

    I honestly think you should write the story you are interested in writing, at your pace, instead of trying to produce something quickly for us. Erasing interesting detail to finish the story faster sounds like a waste, especially if it's detail you're having fun writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Horse That Is Still Apprehensive Yet ExcitedFebruary 8, 2019 at 8:07 AM

      Oh, but thanks for the update tho. I, and I'm sure others, appreciate indications that things are still going on behind the scenes.

      Delete
    2. Jess remember family ..those kids

      Delete
  5. Hi Jess!
    It always warms my heart every time I check this page to see a little update.

    I'm glad to hear that you're still writing and I'm excited to see what you come up with! I'm always interested to see you filling in details and coming up with more ideas that we've all grown to love.

    While some might not be too excited by the prospect of 23+ pages, that just piques my interest ever more. I look forward to how you create a fitting (temporary?) conclusion for our heroines, and how you tie your two metaphorical threads together.

    You write those of us "still out there" but I think you still have a fairly large following, most of whom just don't comment. With a little publicity, your writing could become huge!

    That being said, I'm sure we all can be more than patient for the high-quality writing you produce, especially as there's no real incentive for you to produce it aside from our reactions.

    ReplyDelete