Sunday, November 13, 2016

An Update with unfortunatly little new to add

Hi all. I just got reminded how long it's been since I've said anything more and though I'd do that now.

I've said before that the change to my work life has made me less productive. But a big specter that I haven't talked about was the election. Politics have always been important to me, it was what for a time I thought I wanted to do with my life. Andrea going to AU was not a random pick, it is my alma mater, her room was basically my room (for those who care/know enough to figure out which dorm that is). But my usual passing watch of news et al has been increasingly replaced as this election got into the closing months (which is seriously way too long). It has to a large degree consumed me whenever I had a free moment.

I know statistically, many of you will be on one side while the rest will be on others. So I've resisted the temptation to let politics bleed into this side of my life. It is sad to say that ~40% of either side believe that the other side winning could pose a threat to the country. So not only would I divide my readership by landing on one side of this, but I'd worry that I would offend at a deep level someone who may feel my side is a threat to the country.

Now that the election is over I'm hoping I can regain some sanity. I feel almost like a junkie, that my worry and passion fueled an almost addictive obsession. I'm trying to wean myself off in a way I seemed incapable of during during the general election itself. Because even though I know watching news attentively does not alter the news I'm watching, I none the less felt almost an obligation to hear everything in a way I haven't with elections before.

And among those things I'm using to try to wean me off of it, I am trying to write more. I won't lie and say I'm nearly there, but I dropped off the map for reason, and hopefully that reason will soon be going away. And I'll try to let you know how that's going sooner than the five months I waited this time!

😁

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Nice to know that your still working on things! Get settled and give us more of the amazing story you already have, eagerly awaiting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don't care how long it takes. Take your time, make sure your work is up to your standards. I'm just glad to see that you haven't dropped this project, as I have greatly enjoyed everything about this story, from beginning up to current. Take your time, do what needs to be done. We'll be here when you decide to post it.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you wasn't rounded up by rouge slavers and sold off to the highest bidder to become whoever pet.

    I agree was a bit of a wild time of year the last few months. Here to getting back to writing and enjoying what you put onto the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As fun as that might sound at times, no. No slavers round these parts.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the update. It's good to know you're still working on this project, and your reasons are perfectly understandable. I've been stressing about this election too, and I'm not even american!

    And no worries about the delay. You write because you enjoy creating the story, we read because we enjoy exploring the story.

    I'm patiently awating further misadventures from the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't have said it any better, Lisbon.

      Good to know you're doing ok, Jess :)

      Delete
  5. Hey! Love your stories! :)
    I totally appreciate the effort you have been putting into the story but would it be okay to give us another update! Cant wait to see how this story would develop!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess.
    I have been following your stories from the very beginning, over on GaggedUtopia. I have read every chapter, all of your blog-esque posts, and perused the comments sections for longer than is likely healthy, and would like to compete for the title of "Biggest Fan".

    I check back often for new installments, as well as to flick through and reread old chapters, however I am not disappointed whenever I do not see any, as great work takes time and dedication, and nobody can deny that our dear author has a life outside of these stories, one which must take precedence.

    I noticed that in the comments section of your request for art, that you were aware of the artist 'Shiniez', and thought that you were not ask skilled in comparison to him. I would like to argue on the contrary - I follow three separate writers - Yourself, Shiniez, and the user Aidenke from DeviantArt art, and while I hold all three in very high regard, I believe that your series may well scrape ahead to be my favourite.

    I dread the day that this saga eventually ends, as the kinky literature community loses one of it's giants. In this case, I hope that you would continue to post other stories, as well as "What-If" type installments of this series, should a bolt of inspiration strike you.

    Should you need it, I would like to offer my assistance as a proofreader, or indeed, any capacity I can, although it is unlikely you may need it.

    While my writing may seem dramatic, it does reflect my feelings towards your writing, and the talent behind it adequately.

    I would once again like to reiterate that myself and the rest of your fanbase are willing to wait as long as it takes for the next installment, because you unwaveringly deliver quality, even when you feel you do not.

    Yours patiently,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, email notifications are broken on this comment, would you be able to reply on your newer post instead so I can be notified?

      Yours (although embarrassed),
      Alex

      Delete